French Fries Recipe. Finger chips Homemade french fries with detailed photo and video recipes. It is a very popular deep-fried snack recipe made from low-starchy potatoes.
The concept of French fries became popular by fast-food chain Make Donald’s and can be eaten as sides with chicken pasta or sandwiches. Store-bought comes with artificial preservatives for added rigidity but can be obtained at home from a preservative.
Recently, I was receiving a lot of requests for homemade potato chips and homemade fries recipes. In particular, a lot of the request was crisp and textured. In my previous post.
I showed how to make thin and crunchy potato chips. Basically, I am using the same Marys Piper variety because it has less moisture and starch. In other words, it contains a small amount of liquid, which helps keep chips or fries crisp.
But there is no match to the crispness that we get at Make Donald’s or any other fast food joint.The reason for this is that it does not contain an artificial crisp agent. You can add a little cornflour just before deep-frying, but not necessarily.
A Beginner’s Guide to French Fries Recipe
French Fries Recipe: A lot of snacks are made from potatoes, the most liked snack among them is french fries. French fries remain a very popular snack these days.
Do you know restaurants like french fries you can also make very easily at home? Ingredients for making french fries: Mouthwatering when you see french fries. Potatoes are thinly sliced and deep-fried in oil. Children love French fries very easily, you can easily make them for a birthday party or for a picnic.
How to serve French fries: There is no time to eat French fries, you can make it light-hearted. You can eat anytime you feel hungry. French Fries Recipe. Finger chips Homemade french fries with step-by-step photo and video recipe. Potato-based snack recipes are very worldwide. You can serve it with sauce during evening tea.
Finally, I request you to check my collection of other snack recipe recipes along with this post of french fries recipe. This mainly includes my other recipe varieties such as French Fries, Potato Fingers, Bhindi Rava Fry, Potato Chips, Banana Chips, Bitter Gourd Chips, Tortilla Chips, Corn Cheese Balls, Dabeli, Goji Bar. Next, I would like to mention my other similar recipe categories as well.
Full Recipe For French fries
Ingredients for making french fries: Mouthwatering when you see french fries. Potatoes are thinly sliced and deep-fried in oil. Children love French fries very easily, you can easily make them for a birthday party or for a picnic.
- For how many people: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
French fries ingredients
- 250 g (peeled and finely chopped) potatoes
- 1 tbsp salt
- Oil to deep fry
How to make french fries
1.Take 1.4 cups of water, add potatoes to it, sprinkle salt in it and keep it boiling.
2. You can keep potatoes wide according to you. You can keep the french fries thick or thin if you want.
3. When the water comes to a boil, leave the potatoes in it and turn off the gas. Now leave the potatoes like this for 5 to 6 minutes.
4. Remove the water from the potatoes and place them on tissue paper or a dry cloth. Allow them to dry and if you are in a hurry, you can dry the water by pressing the potatoes with the tissue.
5. Heat the oil and add potato pieces one by one. Keep in mind that there is so much space in the pan that the potatoes do not stick to each other.
6. Turn the flame to medium and let the potatoes cook until they turn brown.
7. Take the potatoes out of the oil and place them aside on the tissue paper so that the extra oil is removed.
8. Shortly before serving, fry them on high heat till they turn golden brown.
How to make french fries with step by step photo:
1. First, remove the skin of the potato. Marys recommends using the Pepper Potato because it has creamy white flesh and a fluffy texture.
2. Cut into sticks 1 cm thick.
3.Wash in ice-cold water until the starch is clean.
4. Dry in a kitchen towel to remove excess moisture.
5.Now deep fry in hot oil. Make sure the oil is around 140 ° C. Or bake at 200 ° C for 40 minutes in a preheated oven.
6.Deep fry for 6 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. They will not turn brown at this stage.
7.Take it out on the kitchen towel and cool completely. If you want to freeze the potato, you can freeze it in a zip lock bag for 3 months.
8.Once they have cooled down completely, deep fry them in hot oil. Make sure the oil is around 180 ° C.
9.Stir it occasionally and fry it till it turns golden brown in color and crisp.
10. Put in the kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
11. Now sprinkle ½ tsp chili powder and ½ tsp salt. Mix well.
12. Finally, enjoy homemade French fries with egg-free mayonnaise as an evening snack.
French fries recipe notes:
First of all, make sure not to overcook the potatoes as they may break. Cut the potatoes in the same thickness, otherwise, the cooking time will vary. In addition, you can adjust the spice of your favorite.
Finally, when you eat the French fries recipe hot and crisp, it tastes great.