Cracking the Bank exam does not need years of preparation. One can simply clear the exam with six months of preparation if they go through the right strategy and approach. You are required to work hard to crack the exam.
Consistency is an essential part of preparation and candidates should study daily for the exam. You must complete the Bank exam syllabus, understand the fundamentals and concepts in the first two months of preparation. Then in the two months, give time to learn shortcut tricks of solving lengthy problems and practice section-wise topics from a preparation book.
In the last two months of preparation, you should start attempting section-wise and full-length mock tests. In the last 15 days before the Bank exam, you should focus more on a revision of concepts and topics.
Bank Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme
Bank exam pattern is categorized into prelims, mains, and interview. The exam pattern of each stage is described below.
- Prelims: The prelims exam is split into three sections- Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, and English Language. The total marks assigned to the test are 100. The time duration of the test is 60 minutes.
- Mains: The main exam consists of objective and descriptive tests. The objective test is split into four sections-Reasoning Computer Aptitude, General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness, English Language, and Data Analysis and Interpretation. The descriptive section includes questions from English Language (Letter Writing and Essay). The time duration of the test is 3 hours 30 minutes. The total number of marks assigned to the test is 225 marks.
- Interview: The total marks assigned to the interview are 100 marks. The minimum marks to clear the interview round are 40 percent and 35 percent for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates.
Make sure there is a penalty for wrong answers marked in the objective tests. For every wrong answer, 0.25 marks allotted to a question will be subtracted as a penalty to arrive at the corrected score. No negative marking for unattempted questions.
How to prepare for Bank Exam in 6 months: Plan for a first and second month
- You should design a list of section-wise important topics from which questions are usually asked in the Bank exam.
- Start with the topics that you find the toughest.
- Give one hour on each section.
- Go through the school textbooks to learn the fundamental concepts.
- In the first two months of preparation for the exam, you should learn the formulas and memorize theorems.
- You must refer to the Bank books and online courses to learn the topics given in the syllabus.
How to prepare for Bank Exam in 6 months: Goal for a third and fourth month
- Once you have completed the Bank syllabus and understand the concepts, you need to start the focused preparation.
- You should begin solving topic-wise questions from sample papers or practice papers.
- Devote an hour a day for practice questions.
- Put more effort into learning the shortcut tricks of solving problems.
How to prepare for Bank Exam in 6 months: Method for a fifth and sixth month
- In the last two months of the Bank exam preparation, you should begin taking mock tests to understand the functionalities of an online test.
- You should solve at least one mock paper a day.
- Must practice mock tests that will help to identify the lagging areas and you can work on them.
- You are required to revise all the topics learned for the exam.
Simple tips for preparation for Bank Exam:
- Divide and set targets: To prepare for the Bank Exam, the candidate should divide the entire study plan as per the syllabus of the exam.
- Remember shortcuts and tricks: You should focus more on shortcuts and tricks which are used for solving the questions. Make sure you remember it.
- Practice more and more: Always remember the more you practice, the more the concepts will be cleared. You should practice more bank mock test series at BYJU’s Exam Prep to score good marks in the exam.
- Focus on weak areas and prepare accordingly: You should separate the topic in which you are weak so that you can focus more on your weak section and then study accordingly.