Italian Chicken Soup If you are looking for an authentic Chicken Soup recipe, then you are at the right place. This is an easy-to-make chicken soup recipe that takes around an hour to prepare and is very delicious.
This soup recipe is known as one of the best remedies for fighting cold and cough and provides enough warmth by generating heat in your body. Also, it is a basic Continental soup that you can find in any part of the world. This is an incredible way of making chicken soup that you can easily prepare in the comfort of your home.
How to make an Italian Chicken Soup
Light, hearty and delicious, Italian Chicken Soup is super easy to make at home. It is made using simple ingredients and comes together in under 30 minutes. This soul-soothing soup is gluten-free and low carb too.
All you need is shredded chicken along with onions, carrots, celery, butter, and chicken stock. You can even add a cube of butter over the prepared soup for an authentic. You can make it for your friends and family at home, and we are sure they will love it.
To add on delectable flavors to this soup, pair it with toasted garlic bread and enjoy your feast. This soup recipe can be served on various occasions like game nights, kitty parties, and buffets. You can also sprinkle black pepper powder on it to give it an extra zing. Enjoy!
full recipe For Italian Chicken Soup
If you are looking for an authentic Chicken Soup recipe, then you are at the right place. This is an easy-to-make chicken soup recipe that takes around an hour to prepare and is very delicious.
- Level: Easy
- Total: 1 hr 40 min
- Active: 30 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Deselect All
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound ditalini pasta (a very short macaroni-type pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 fryer chicken, cut into pieces
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- Two stalks celery, diced
- 2 fresh jalapenos, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- One 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Parmesan shavings, for serving
- Crusty Italian bread, for serving
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt. Cook the pasta in boiling water according to the package directions; do not overcook.
- Drain and rinse in cold water to cool. Toss in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and set aside.
- Put the chicken pieces in a large pot or Dutch oven and cover them in the chicken broth. Bring to a boil, lower to a simmer, and cook, covered, for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the pot, shred the meat, and set aside. Discard the bones and skin. Skim the fat from the stock, then strain the stock and set it aside.
- In a new pot, add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and saute the bell peppers, celery, jalapenos, onion, and oregano over medium heat until the vegetables are tender and golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes with their liquid and the reserved chicken stock and shredded chicken. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add the cooked pasta and cream and stir to combine. Turn off the heat.
- Serve with lots of Parmesan on the top–the more the better–and crusty Italian bread is good too.